My name is Callum Brazzo and I am an autistic man living in Spalding, Lincolnshire but traveling wherever possible to make an impact.
I suffered from severe anxieties and depression. I was misunderstood and bullied. However, I have never suffered from my natural brain wiring.
I was late to receive this trio of formal diagnoses which are as follows:
None of these diagnoses make me or anyone else inhuman.
I believe in facilitating and participating in community conversations.
I want to achieve this by maximising the potential of all neurodivergent people such as
people with ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspaxia and Autistic People.
Poetry in its written form was my outlet to express myself. Writing my feelings
down was therapeutic and, with an alternative education and the
right people involved in my life beyond my difficult mainstream schooling,
I was able to flourish.
I am more confident due to my creative catharsis and I now perform poetry from my
past as well as pieces that look forward to my future.
My poetry captures my journey and the journeys of others that I’ve not necessarily
taken but feel empowered and privileged to share.
See all of my social media links on the Connect With Me Page.
Ciao for now,
I’m available for talks, performances and other community engagements.See my work on website Performance page.
Posts by Callum Brazzo
- Autistic Lincs: Spalding Today columnist Callum Brazzo talks about the need to represent the autistic community in an authentic way
- Autistic Lincs: The Autistic Show
- 10 YEARS OF TED TALKS – AUTISTICS IN CONVERSATION | Callum Brazzo | TEDxNorwichED – YouTube
- Why we should make mountains out of molehills. | Callum Brazzo | TEDxNorwichED – YouTube
- AUTISTIC LINCS – ‘It’s not a weakness or a liability’