[Note: Shared for #AutisticHistory archive purposes. This is NOT An Autistic Ally.]
Congratulations to Autism Speaks’ Sponsor Sprouts Farmers Market
Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grants
Autism Speaks is thrilled to announce a new grant program that will benefit Sprouts local communities.
Click here to read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Neighborhood Grants.
Read the RFA here for more information. Click here to start your application in the Autism Speaks Online Grant System!
The first Neighborhood Grants informational webinar was held on Monday, August 12th. Click here to view the slides from the presentation.
A second webinar will be held on Wednesday, September 4th from 1-2 PM EDT for organizations looking to submit proposals.
The Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program will be made available to organizations who serve the autism community in the following 8 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Utah.
*Note: Organizations from across the country are eligible to apply for Autism Speaks Grants. Visit our Chapter and Regional Grants pages to check which program covers your geographic area.
The focus of Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program is three-fold:
- to promote local services that enhance the lives of those affected by autism
- to expand the capacity to effectively serve this growing community
- to increase the field of service providers in the four chapters
- Applications Open: Now
- Webinars for Potential Applicants: August 12 and September 4
- Application Deadline: October 18
- First Tier Review: October 18 – November 8
- Second Tier Review: November 12 – November 20
- Final Recommendations sent to Family Services: November 26
- Board Approval: December 11
- Applicant Notification: December 13
Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program will select organizations and offers up to $5,000 in funding for organizations that serve individuals with autism.
Request for Application
Applications must be submitted electronically using the Autism Speaks Online Grant System.
Autism Speaks recruits members for the Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program Review Committee. The committee will be composed of families affected by autism, individuals with autism, and autism professionals.
For more information about the Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant Program, contact Serena Selkin, Assistant Director, Family Services Grants at email@example.com.