The Autistic Self Advocacy Network 1 appreciates the opportunity to comment on the Department of Transportation’s proposed rule, 2 which revises Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) regulations to exclude emotional support animals (ESAs) from recognition as service animals. The proposed rule additionally clarifies the law as it pertains to breed restrictions and what air carriers may request of people with disabilities who bring service animals onboard a flight. 3 ASAN supports the clarifications on breed restrictions and the rule’s requirement that psychiatric service animals be treated in the same manner as other service animals. ASAN opposes the provisions of the proposed rule pertaining to ESAs, limiting service animals to dogs, and the attestation and check-in requirements.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- There was a big legislative battle here in California last year, where the hell were you faux autism advocates? | LBRB | Circa October 26, 2016
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – Autism | Circa December 19, 2011
- How an unexpected collaboration led Utah to amend its discriminatory triage plan | TheHill
- #Vaxxed, reviewed: What happened outside of the movie. – Violent metaphors | Circa June 13, 2016
- #Vaxxed, reviewed: What happened inside the movie – Violent metaphors | Circa June 13, 2016