As we follow Public Health Guidelines and stay at home, my husband is crafting up a studio for us to do our respective podcasts! I hope to have episodes up in the next week or so. For now, here’s another article, this one about Covid-19 pseudoscience.
Just a few weeks after the reality of Covid-19 hit North America, the snake oil vendors were already up and running. Here’s a quick rundown of some of what they are up to and what we can do to combat the misinformation.
The first Covid-related article of faith I saw online was a plastic amulet filled with hardened industrial bleach, with the claim it could ward off coronaviruses. It’s called the “Corona Necklace” and sellers claim it can kill off coronavirus up to one meter away. The Corona Necklace is made by some of the same people who make Miracle Medical Solution (MMS), a phony cure people also ingest, believing it can cure a variety of conditions including autism. …
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | FEAT-FMC Newsletter Message | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | Autism Society of America and AMC Entertainment® Host Sensory Friendly Films | Circa August 14, 2008
- Archived | Autism Speaks Northern California Community Announcements | Circa August 14, 2008
- Snapshot | About Autism / Spectrum Disorders: Autism and Insurance: What Should be Covered? | Circa August 14, 2008