A British woman is up in arms over a social media initiative that encourages people to draw rainbows and post them in their windows. The effort is meant to cheer up scared children when they’re out for walks.
With people around the world quarantined to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus and thousands already dead, the hateful woman implored people not to draw rainbows, saying, “the rainbow has sadly become a symbol of silencing, sexual stereotyping, and oppression.”
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | FEAT-FMC Newsletter Message | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | Autism Society of America and AMC Entertainment® Host Sensory Friendly Films | Circa August 14, 2008
- Archived | Autism Speaks Northern California Community Announcements | Circa August 14, 2008
- Snapshot | About Autism / Spectrum Disorders: Autism and Insurance: What Should be Covered? | Circa August 14, 2008