Solomon was my first baby. He was loud. He screamed full throttle for an hour until the midwife swaddled him. I knew he was different from the moment I washed his slick dark hair and saw the ecstasy on his face. At home, he’d stare at his ladybird rattle for 15 minutes at a time. He’d gurgle with delight when we sang to him, but scream frenetically at the noise of the Hoover or blender. At postnatal groups, he’d crawl into a corner, alone.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | FEAT-FMC Newsletter Message | Circa August 15, 2008
- Archived | Autism Society of America and AMC Entertainment® Host Sensory Friendly Films | Circa August 14, 2008
- Archived | Autism Speaks Northern California Community Announcements | Circa August 14, 2008
- Snapshot | About Autism / Spectrum Disorders: Autism and Insurance: What Should be Covered? | Circa August 14, 2008