As a child, Ronnie Sidney, II was diagnosed with a learning disability and spent years in special education. After years of struggle, and after being told he would never go to college, Sidney graduated from VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University), and has gone on to become a best-selling author, who uses his experiences to help young people with learning difficulties and to help others understand the struggle many young people go through.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- My son was diagnosed with autism at five. Did he inherit it from my misunderstood mother? | Life and style | The Guardian
- Devil Doll Return After More Than a Decade with ‘Lover & a Fighter,’ New Single “Purse Whiskey” « American Songwriter
- The mass migration to online learning is leaving disabled students behind
- Supplements for coronavirus probably won’t help, and may harm – Baltimore Sun
- Congress must do more for disability community re: COVID-19 | Autistic Self Advocacy Network