Bill MacArthur was raped and beaten as a child, and he saw horrific instances of other sexual, physical and emotional abuse during the four separate times he was sent to the former provincial lunatic asylum/hospital for the insane that became Woodlands School in New Westminster.In a way he considers himself lucky: He lived to tell about it and advocate for disability rights.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Archived | Autism Spectrum Disorders Newsletter from BellaOnline.com | Circa August 11, 2008
- ‘I Am Autism’ Advocacy Video Sparks Controversy – TIME | Circa November 6, 2009
- COVID-19 Cases At Group Homes, Institutions Going Untracked – Disability Scoop
- 101 Civil Rights Groups Call for Robust Funding for U.S. Postal Service – The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Voices from the spectrum: Autistic people deal with the coronavirus | Nation | fltimes.com