Bill MacArthur was raped and beaten as a child, and he saw horrific instances of other sexual, physical and emotional abuse during the four separate times he was sent to the former provincial lunatic asylum/hospital for the insane that became Woodlands School in New Westminster.In a way he considers himself lucky: He lived to tell about it and advocate for disability rights.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Autism Is an Identity, Not a Disease: Inside the Neurodiversity Movement
- Is surgically altering an autistic boy’s voice cruel or kind? | Salon.com | Circa September 28, 2013
- Special Olympics athlete Johanna Schoeneck is on the front lines of the coronavirus
- What is Police Violence?: A plain language booklet about anti-Black racism, police violence, and what you can do to stop it | Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- YouTuber Gave Up Adopted Chinese Son With Autism After Monetizing Him Online | HuffPost Life