Bill MacArthur was raped and beaten as a child, and he saw horrific instances of other sexual, physical and emotional abuse during the four separate times he was sent to the former provincial lunatic asylum/hospital for the insane that became Woodlands School in New Westminster.In a way he considers himself lucky: He lived to tell about it and advocate for disability rights.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Congress must do more for disability community re: COVID-19 | Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Growing old with autism | Spectrum | Autism Research News
- Deaths of disabled children are no less tragic
- ASAN Welcomes Ban of Electric Shock Torture
- Disability Day of Mourning honours those killed by their caretakers | Vancouver Sun