The Supreme Court has announced it will take a case brought by a Catholic adoption agency suing for the right to discriminate against gay and lesbian couples. The agency alleges that their religious freedom should allow them to refuse service to same-sex couples.
Catholic Social Services sued after the city of Philadelphia ended a contract with the service after finding out the agency wouldn’t serve gay couples. Lower court rulings have sided with the city, pointing out that religious beliefs are not grounds for violating general civil rights laws. …
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | About Autism / Spectrum Disorders: Is the Autism Spectrum Too Broad? | Circa August 21, 2008
- Archived | ASA: Great news from the national town hall meeting! | Circa August 19, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 17, 2008
- TikTok removes #autismchallenge from platform amid backlash
- Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say | FOX 13 Tampa Bay