Children with disabilities as young as five years of age are at risk of psychological harm caused by the use of unregulated seclusion and restraint practices in schools, according to campaigners.
Unlike children’s residential care, there are no detailed guidelines on the use of seclusion and restraint in schools.
In addition, the Department of Education does not require schools to provide data on these types of interventions. …
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Addiction Is ‘A Disease Of Isolation’ — So Pandemic Puts Recovery At Risk | California Healthline
- Covid-19: beware online tests and cures, experts say | World news | The Guardian
- Temperature Check: Tips For Tracking A Key Symptom Of Coronavirus Contagion | California Healthline
- ‘Essential’ Or Not, These Workers Report For Duty | California Healthline
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills. | California Healthline