BOCA RATON, Fla. (WPEC) – A local family is speaking out after they say a School District Police Officer unfairly invoked the Baker Act and took their child away from school in handcuffs. Larissa Leander has been helping her immigrant friend, Ayme, take care of her son Erik for years. Because Ayme’s English is not strong, Leander often helps her navigate school meetings for 11-year-old Erik who is on a special 504 learning plan at Omni Middle School in Boca Raton.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- My son was diagnosed with autism at five. Did he inherit it from my misunderstood mother? | Life and style | The Guardian
- Devil Doll Return After More Than a Decade with ‘Lover & a Fighter,’ New Single “Purse Whiskey” « American Songwriter
- The mass migration to online learning is leaving disabled students behind
- Supplements for coronavirus probably won’t help, and may harm – Baltimore Sun
- Congress must do more for disability community re: COVID-19 | Autistic Self Advocacy Network