January 2018 – Emma Goodall is autistic, an educator and an autism adviser. She writes about how that means she questions everything.
I HAVE demonstrated my fair share of ‘challenging behaviours’ over the years.
Being who I am has led me to question everything, not the least of which is what we mean by challenging behaviour.
As a result, I initially came to the following definition:
“Challenging behaviours are those that hurt or damage self, others or things/the environment around.”
However, after being involved in two years of highly successful trials in schools and pre-schools in South Australia to reduce ‘challenging behaviour’, I have come to a different conclusion.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Fake and harmful autism ‘treatments’ – NHS
- The Great Big ABA Opposition Resource List – Stop ABA, Support Autistics
- Why Can The FDA Take Swift Action with Jim Bakker, But No Action Against “Bleach Cures” In Four Years? | Melissa Eaton via The Autistic Avenger
- Stop letting Autistic babies be fed bleach in both ends, everyone. | The Autistic Avenger
- Protesting a very anti-Autistic post, and was accosted by a #MartyrParent™ telling me I can’t speak for all Autistics, and that I should shut my yap! | The Autistic Avenger