Autism Speaks has gained a fair amount of exposure and popularity as an organization. I’ve seen their logo used in countless ways, and have known people who participated in their walks. However, it is a group that I—and many others—have refused to support due to their history of demonizing people with autism, ignoring their voices, supporting abusive groups, misreading false information and even potentially promoting eugenics. There’s good reason for people not to support their organization. There’s good reason for some to even call it a hate group.
– Healthcare & Wellness –
- U.S. sends Brazil 2 million doses of hydroxychloroquine, drug touted by Trump – Reuters
- The coronavirus misinformation battle is only just starting – there’s a new wave of anti-vaxxer panic on the horizon | The Independent
- How coronavirus ‘changes the game’ for the anti-vaccination movement – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Department of Child Safety notified about two malnourished Brisbane teens found locked in house, neighbours say – ABC News
- Child agencies knew of autistic brothers locked in room AND four-year-old ‘left to rot in her cot’ | Daily Mail Online