Better Business Bureau serving Central Indiana advises consumers to use caution when considering alternatives to conventional drug rehab services. Recently, the organization conducted several investigations into companies advertising an IV treatment called NAD+ Amino-Acid Therapy. Proponents of the treatment claim the infusions of NAD+ enable patients afflicted with drug and alcohol addictions to quit cold turkey without withdrawal symptoms.
Hitt isn’t the only person involved in NAD+ that has a questionable history. Humiston, who claims to have trained under Hitt in Tijuana, was subject to a disciplinary action against his license brought by the Medical Board of California in 2018. The order states that Humiston committed gross negligence in his care and treatment of a patient. Additionally, the physician previously advocated for dubious treatment approaches, like curing HIV through ozone therapy, addressing psychiatric conditions with antifungal treatments and MMS or Miracle Mineral Solution, a dangerous snake oil substance in which the FDA has issued a warning.”
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Archived | ASA Gears Up for Autism Awareness Month | Circa March 26, 2009
- Archived | Judy Converse: Learn the Critical Role of Amino Acids in Special Diets! | Circa January 8, 2009
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa December 17, 2009
- Archived w/2020 Update | Judy Converse: Educational Webinar on Autism and Special Diets | Circa October 2, 2008
- U.S. sends Brazil 2 million doses of hydroxychloroquine, drug touted by Trump – Reuters