Campaigners have criticised Google for running adverts for a “potentially lethal” medicine that is being targeted at cancer sufferers.
A ‘natural’ remedy called Miracle Mineral Solution, which is advertised to cure cancer, Aids, autism and – according to the manufacturers – “basically anything”, is being advertised on Google ads that pop up on the computers of millions of web users.
Google ads also promoted remedies such as snakeroot, goldenseal and amygdalin, which have all been described by medical experts as either ineffective, dangerous or, in many cases, both.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Would You Trust Your Child With This Anti-Vax Ex-Doctor?
- From The Archives | e-speaks Autism Speaks Newsletter | Circa May 9, 2008
- The Archives | e-speaks Newsletter from Autism Speaks | Circa October 10, 2008
- Mumps Cases Hit Decade High In England In The Wake Of Anti-Vaxxer Misinformation | IFLScience
- Vaccines can prevent fatal complications from measles, study affirms | | foxcarolina.com