A few months ago, I watched a home video on Facebook. It really disturbed me, and to this day, it still weighs on my mind.
It was Christmas time, and the family was gathered in Grandma’s living room. There were untouchable trinkets EVERYWHERE (because, well, it’s Grandma’s house).
Santa was also there to visit with the children, and a little girl was sitting on his lap. In the background, I could hear a boy crying.
I couldn’t see the child, but I gathered that he was autistic from the caption of the video. It read, (and I’m paraphrasing from memory)…
“…This shows how autism can steal away happy moments for our family…”
– Parenting –
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%
- You Might Be Wondering If It’s OK To Stim In Public … | Not An Autism Mom
- Autism Inclusivity Group On Facebook Now At 12,594 Members 💕 | Emma Dalmayne
- "We Are The People The Anti-Vaxxers Warned You About "| Autistics Buy Your Anti-Vaxxer T-Shirt Here! (As Seen On Dr. Oz!)
- The many names used for seclusion cells at schools – Alliance Against Seclusion and Restraint