A new plaque will mark the final resting place of Matthew Shepard at the Washington National Cathedral a day after what was supposed to be his 43rd birthday. The 21-year-old Wyoming college student was murdered in a 1998 hate crime that sparked a powerful LGBTQ equality movement. The brutal attack is considered one of the most notorious anti-gay crimes in the country. “Matthew Shepard, December 1, 1976 to October 12, 1998,” read Dennis Shepard, Matthew’s father.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Anti-Vaxxer Protesting COVID Tests Berates Officer Who Pulled Her Over: ‘Jesus Is More Powerful Than You’
- Facebook internal investigation finds millions of members in QAnon groups | Mashable
- Wear Your Mask, Support The Health Of Your Community
- Consumers should be alert to new scams during coronavirus crisis
- Spanish Cannabis Approved for Import to Germany | Cannabis Industry Journal