An outbreak of measles in the South Pacific island nation of Samoa has gotten so severe that its government will shut down Thursday and Friday so that government officials can assist with a mass vaccination effort. As The Washington Post reported Monday, the outbreak has killed 53 people — 48 of them children under age 4 — and infected 3,728. “Schools have been closed, children are banned from large public gatherings, and parents have been urged to bring their children to a doctor at the first signs of illness,” the Post reported. And vaccination now is mandatory.
Like the outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases we’ve seen in the United States, the measles outbreak in Samoa can be attributed to increased international travel (which is a fact of modern life) and the global perpetuation of a lie, which must be countered and condemned.
– #AntiVaxxer –
- 📢 Call – To – Action !!! 🎸🎶 Alert Germany to Kerri Rivera ! | The Autistic Avenger – Home
- FBI Raids Florida’s “Bleach Church” and Arrests Those Selling the “Miracle Cure” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos
- Feds charge Florida man, sons with selling fake coronavirus cure | WEAR
- Florida Church Raided After Selling Bleach as COVID-19 Cure
- Feds charge Florida man, sons with selling fake virus cure | WSET