A self-described progressive activist, who helped found an advocacy group in Pittsburgh that supports autistic people, is mounting a challenge against longtime incumbent state Rep. Harry Readshaw.
Jessica Benham, 28, of the South Side Slopes, is bidding for the Democratic nomination in the 36th legislative district, shaping her candidacy after the campaigns of a number of progressive women who have toppled longtime Democratic incumbents in the past two years.
Her campaign is framing the race that way, too, and in a recent email, used the secondary headline to proclaim “Progressive Benham to challenge conservative incumbent Harry Readshaw.”
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Neurodivergent Labour | Janine Booth – Video
- Why We Use Power Wheelchairs w/ ALS and EDS #AmbulatoryWheelchairUsersExist – YouTube
- Finishing NaNoWriMo And Buying Comics Reading Vlog – YouTube
- Vaccines, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and The Future of Medical Education (w/Dr. Peter Hotez) | Video
- Drag Queens Trixie Mattel and Katya React to Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings | I Like to Watch | Netflix – YouTube