A self-described progressive activist, who helped found an advocacy group in Pittsburgh that supports autistic people, is mounting a challenge against longtime incumbent state Rep. Harry Readshaw.
Jessica Benham, 28, of the South Side Slopes, is bidding for the Democratic nomination in the 36th legislative district, shaping her candidacy after the campaigns of a number of progressive women who have toppled longtime Democratic incumbents in the past two years.
Her campaign is framing the race that way, too, and in a recent email, used the secondary headline to proclaim “Progressive Benham to challenge conservative incumbent Harry Readshaw.”
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | About Autism / Spectrum Disorders: Is the Autism Spectrum Too Broad? | Circa August 21, 2008
- Archived | ASA: Great news from the national town hall meeting! | Circa August 19, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 17, 2008
- TikTok removes #autismchallenge from platform amid backlash
- Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say | FOX 13 Tampa Bay