Disclaimer: If you have a legitimate medical condition or allergy that prohibits you from eating casein or gluten, this is not directed at you. This is about the restrictive diet marketed to parents of autistic children.
Gluten Free, Casein free diet is a restrictive diets that pseudoscience says will “make autism better.” To me it says they want to make children appear neurotypical. It is often called GF/CF diet. In this restrictive diet, foods that contain gluten (breads and cereals) and casein (dairy products) are eliminated. They claim that eliminating gluten and casein may help lessen autistic behaviors and difficulty with autistic people. You cannot change neurology by changing the child or adult’s diet to being more restrictive!
– Culture & Community –
- AWN condemns TikTok “Autism Challenge”
- When the “Autism Community” advocates … Autistics suffer for it. Every. Time. | Eve Reiland
- Not A Fan of Autism Speaks Since 2008 | Eve Reiland
- Memoirs Of The Non-Neurotypical – Planet S
- Autism Speaks Is A Source of Ugly, Not The Solution for Autistics Being Bullied On Tik Tok. A$: Focus On Your Own Bullies & Mess. | Eve Reiland