Disclaimer: If you have a legitimate medical condition or allergy that prohibits you from eating casein or gluten, this is not directed at you. This is about the restrictive diet marketed to parents of autistic children.
Gluten Free, Casein free diet is a restrictive diets that pseudoscience says will “make autism better.” To me it says they want to make children appear neurotypical. It is often called GF/CF diet. In this restrictive diet, foods that contain gluten (breads and cereals) and casein (dairy products) are eliminated. They claim that eliminating gluten and casein may help lessen autistic behaviors and difficulty with autistic people. You cannot change neurology by changing the child or adult’s diet to being more restrictive!
– Culture & Community –
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience
- Henny Kupferstein Is in an Accommodations Bat: Fierce Autistics and Allies Needs Your Help
- “Jewish Neurodivergent Pride” by fierceautie | Redbubble
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%