As a parent who survived my son’s high-school years, while balancing care for his mental illness, I wanted to share some especially damaging comments that I heard from other parents, family members and school staff.
If you hear any of these, I hope you know that your willingness to stand up for your child matters. My son told me that without his father and I as parents, he would not have survived. He depended on our support for not only getting through high school, but his actual survival.
– Healthcare & Wellness –
- Student org reckons with mental health concerns
- Two Kansas lawmakers walking long road to legalizing medicinal marijuana
- Vermont: Lawmakers Send Marijuana Retail Sales Bill, Automatic Expungement Measure to Governor’s Desk
- Mental Health And Police Violence: How Crisis Intervention Teams Are Failing
- Structural Violence, Social Justice, and Mental Illness