TRIGGER WARNING before you read further, this video contains distressing photos and a video of children living in the Zvad za Zbrinjavanje institution in Bosnia, Herzegovina. My description in translation is also very distressing.
The description being described here of the abuse is horrifying and devastating. She is describing children who are being tied up to radiators, furniture and their beds by their hands and their feet for up to 14 hours a day.
They remain in those positions all day. The children are so accustomed to being tied up, that they automatically hold their hands out to be tied up.
Children younger than 12 years of age are being given psychiatric medications which is for adult use. The doctors prescribing these medications have never met the children in person.
Many of the children are non-verbal, do not have advocates and are unable to voice their situations.
– Healthcare & Wellness –
- Student org reckons with mental health concerns
- Two Kansas lawmakers walking long road to legalizing medicinal marijuana
- Vermont: Lawmakers Send Marijuana Retail Sales Bill, Automatic Expungement Measure to Governor’s Desk
- Mental Health And Police Violence: How Crisis Intervention Teams Are Failing
- Structural Violence, Social Justice, and Mental Illness