44 mins ·
Another company is unfortunately supporting Autism Speaks. Pieology, a restaurant chain in California, just announced a week long fundraiser for Autism Speaks starting on November 19th to the 26th in their Orange County locations.
“From Nov. 19 through Nov. 26, 20 percent of checks from patrons, who present a copy of the promotional flyer or an email printout, will go to Autism Speaks, according to the business.”
“Diners also can donate $1 and get a puzzle piece, with the Autism Speaks logo, which will be posted at the area restaurants through Dec. 8, the date of the Autism Speaks Walk at Angels Stadium in Anaheim.”
Let’s send Pieology a message on why Autism Speaks is a harmful, ableist organization and encourage them to choose an alternative autistic advocacy organization to support that is run by autistic people!
Pieology Facebook page with announcement of Autism Speaks fundraiser: https://www.facebook.com/…/a.236956230150…/716499182196403/…
Contact Pieology from their website here: https://www.pieology.com/contact-us
Article with more information: https://patch.com/…/o-c-pieology-restaurants-launch-autism-…
- Parents are poisoning their children with Bleach | Ban Toxic Cures
- Take Action: Stop Autism Speaks from Dictating Canadian Autism Policy!
- International Anti-Vax Conspiracy Theory Day | 12.13.19
- Parents’ Fear For Their Autistic Children in Bosnia and Hercegovina | NOVA BH
- Emma Dalmayne | Open Minds Conference Protest – Video
- Autistic people march for and against walk for autism in Richmond | Vancouver Sun
- Autistic protesters fight for acceptance, self-representation at annual fundraiser in Vancouver | CBC News