Check out NAMI’s Basic OnDemand classes.
Register online: https://www.nami.org/Videos/NAMI-Basics-OnDemand
NAMI Releases First Free Online Class For Parents Of Children With Mental Illness
NAMI Basics OnDemand Adapts In-Person Course to Reach Nationwide Audience
Oct 01 2019
Arlington, VA– The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) today announced the release of a free online education course, NAMI Basics OnDemand. The new class format is an adaptation of the in-person NAMI Basics, a free, six-session education program for parents, caregivers and other family who provide care for youth aged 22 or younger who are experiencing mental health symptoms. Participants can sign up at basics.nami.org.
“We’re excited to offer the NAMI Basics program online for the first time for parents and caregivers of children and young adults experiencing a mental health condition,” said NAMI Acting CEO Angela Kimball. “We know parents face barriers to attending an in-person class, especially when a child may be experiencing mental health challenges, but that’s when this information is needed the most. We hope by providing this free, online course of NAMI Basics OnDemand we’ll reach more people when and where it’s easiest for them to access this vital information. We want parents to get the resources they need and to realize they are not alone.”
Since 2009, NAMI Basics has been offered by NAMI Affiliates in an in-person, group setting. Since its inception, NAMI Basics has served 20,000 participants, in 43 states across the country. To meet increasing demand for more convenient access to the program, NAMI created an online version of NAMI Basics, which is offered online and available 24/7.
The program is divided into six sessions, including:
- Basic elements of coping with mental health conditions
- Brain biology and getting a diagnosis
- Communication skills and crisis preparation
- Treatment and connecting with others by sharing your story
- Navigating the mental health and education systems
- Self-care and advocacy
- If you or someone you love could benefit from the in-person NAMI Basics program or NAMI Basics OnDemand, please visit nami.org/basics.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
– Healthcare & Wellness –
- FDA Crackdown of Bleach ‘Miracle’ Cure – Consumer Reports
- Bleach mix marketed as ‘miracle solution’ or ‘MMS’ sold on Walmart, Amazon websites through third-party vendors – HoustonChronicle.com
- GDE ĆE VAM DUŠA Tukli autističnog dečaka na biciklu | Srbija | Direktno
- Florida men accused of selling bleach as ‘miracle’ COVID-19 cure
- Florida man and his sons charged with selling toxic chemical as a coronavirus cure to thousands | News Talk WBAP-AM