Measles infection in unvaccinated children was associated with up to a 70% decline in antibodies to other pathogens following infection, researchers found.
After cases of severe measles, unvaccinated children lost a median of 40% (range 11-62%) of their already existing pathogen-specific antibodies and after a case of mild measles, children lost a median of 33% (range 12-73%) of these pre-existing antibodies, reported Michael Mina, MD, PhD, of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, and colleagues.
– Healthcare & Wellness –
- Cincinnati Teen Arrested After Allegedly Making Up Story about Missing Autistic 13-Year-Old Who Never Existed
- Chris Packham supports the inclusion of Neurodivergent hopes and ambitions in the UK’s Labour Party Manifesto. | Âûtistic News Feed
- Take Action | Pieology, Autism Speaks, Puzzle Pieces | In the Loop About Neurodiversity – Posts
- Emma Dalmayne | Open Minds Conference Protest – Video
- As Seen On Facebook | How Long Before Scientists Realize Some Basic Facts About Autistics? – Âûtistic News Feed