Gardaí were called to a cinema in Dublin after a heated exchange between protesters and supporters of Vaxxed, a controversial film that claims vaccinating children causes autism.
Demonstrators from Autistic Rights Together, which points to the scientific consensus that there is no such link, protested outside the Tivoli cinema on Francis street in Dublin 8 and clashed with some of the film-makers.
Several protesters who bought tickets for the film were refused entry after they were identified as being linked to Fiona O’Leary, who organised the demonstration.
Gardaí monitored cars at the end of the street and an officer spoke to a member of the cinema staff. Ms O’Leary and another woman then followed the staff member to the door of the cinema and remonstrated…
– #AntiVaxxer –
- Vaccines, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and The Future of Medical Education (w/Dr. Peter Hotez) | Video
- Samoa Observer | Boy recovering from cancer dies to measles
- ‘One Giant Pediatric Measles Ward’: A Samoan Hospital Is Overwhelmed
- Anti-Vaxxers Want People To Stop Calling Them Anti-Vaxxers
- Internet Mocks Anti-Vaccination Group Complaining That ‘Anti-Vaxxer’ Label is ‘Derogatory’ – Sputnik International