Three years ago, I was the parent of a newly diagnosed autistic child. When the doctor first gave me his diagnosis, so many thoughts and emotions ran through my mind, through my heart, throughout my entire body.
I was too busy and overwhelmed at the time to put my finger on exactly what those feelings were. His twin brother was diagnosed a bit later, so you can imagine just how flustered I was!
– Parenting –
- Disney wins lawsuit over mother’s fight for autistic son to ride attractions without wait – Orlando Sentinel
- Autism Is an Identity, Not a Disease: Inside the Neurodiversity Movement
- Giving Monica A Voice | Fundraiser by Shurrell Berdan
- THINKING PERSON’S GUIDE TO AUTISM: Parents: Don’t Hide Your Children’s Autism Diagnoses From Them | TPGA | Circa February 22, 2017
- ‘We didn’t realise Mum was autistic until she was diagnosed at the age of 74’