Three years ago, I was the parent of a newly diagnosed autistic child. When the doctor first gave me his diagnosis, so many thoughts and emotions ran through my mind, through my heart, throughout my entire body.
I was too busy and overwhelmed at the time to put my finger on exactly what those feelings were. His twin brother was diagnosed a bit later, so you can imagine just how flustered I was!
– Parenting –
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience
- Dumping Kids with IEPs into General Education Classrooms is not Inclusion | Medium.com
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%
- You Might Be Wondering If It’s OK To Stim In Public … | Not An Autism Mom