Three years ago, I was the parent of a newly diagnosed autistic child. When the doctor first gave me his diagnosis, so many thoughts and emotions ran through my mind, through my heart, throughout my entire body.
I was too busy and overwhelmed at the time to put my finger on exactly what those feelings were. His twin brother was diagnosed a bit later, so you can imagine just how flustered I was!
– Parenting –
- Protesters denounce Bosnia’s ‘systemic’ abuse of disabled kids – Columbian.com
- New Autism Study: Gluten-free Diet Does Not Help Autistic Children
- Things Not to Say to a Parent of a Child with Mental Illness | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Techniques to Spot Childhood Depression | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Today is World Children’s Day and these are the photos taken in Public Institution Pazaric near Sarajevo. | Minuette Mima Macon