So, last year (2018) a few of us in the autistic community encountered the following image claiming that carrying a blue pumpkin for trick-or-treating signified that the person was autistic:
It was not, in fact, anything like the trend or convention it is made out to be. It was ONE SINGULAR Martyr Parent. The shop from which the bucket was bought sold buckets of all different colours, not just blue. There was a Snopes article debunking its presentation as a widespread trend. I wrote my own rebuttal/explanation of why it was so harmful on the Autistic on Wheels Facebook page, which you can read here:
– Culture & Community –
- Great Rock Albums of 1986: Jackson Browne- Lives in the Balance | 80smetalman’s Blog
- Let’s spell out Monday – A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his Partner and becoming a single parent.
- Reflections of a broken man – Jake Allen Sharp
- The Virtual Choir: Watch a Choir Conductor Digitally Unite 3500 Singers from Around the World | Open Culture
- Emma Dalmayne | Open Minds Conference Protest – Video