Hi Everyone – Founder of @SLPNeurodiversityCollective here: it’s been a really difficult and exhausting few days in the SLP world this week regarding ABA debate and EBT.
I’m tired, and so requesting for your help. In search of Evidence Based Therapy models with links to research/therapy model that are generally Autistic approved (respect dignity, non-trauma causing, support self-determination).
I know off the top of my head – DIRFloortime & SCERTS and aspects of Hanen (all without using ABA) – but seeking a list to:
- 1) Have handy for SLP educational purposes, and
- 2) Create a post for SLPs/parents with multiple links to EBT resources.
- Thank you for you help in advance. I am out of spoons right now. With gratitude, Julie
– Employment & Education –
- Henny Kupferstein Is in an Accommodations Bat: Fierce Autistics and Allies Needs Your Help
- Dumping Kids with IEPs into General Education Classrooms is not Inclusion | Medium.com
- Seattle families rush to meet Jan. 8 vaccination deadline for students – seattlepi.com
- Meet The First Candidate for Public Office in Peru with Down Syndrome : World : Latin Post
- Video shows North Carolina school resource officer slamming and dragging 11-year-old boy – CNN