Hi Everyone – Founder of @SLPNeurodiversityCollective here: it’s been a really difficult and exhausting few days in the SLP world this week regarding ABA debate and EBT.
I’m tired, and so requesting for your help. In search of Evidence Based Therapy models with links to research/therapy model that are generally Autistic approved (respect dignity, non-trauma causing, support self-determination).
I know off the top of my head – DIRFloortime & SCERTS and aspects of Hanen (all without using ABA) – but seeking a list to:
- 1) Have handy for SLP educational purposes, and
- 2) Create a post for SLPs/parents with multiple links to EBT resources.
- Thank you for you help in advance. I am out of spoons right now. With gratitude, Julie
– Employment & Education –
- The High Stakes Of Unemployment And Inclusive Hiring
- A Law Aims To Improve Mental Health Services At Colleges, But There’s No Money to Make It Happen
- Coronavirus: Lockdown ‘helped me contribute more at work’ – BBC News
- Amid calls for his ouster, Maryland School for the Deaf superintendent to retire early | fredericknewspost.com
- ‘Ellen DeGeneres Show’ Fires Three Top Producers – Variety