ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis) as a discipline, requires autistic children to appear as if they are typical children. It doesn’t matter how kind and well meaning the teacher, whether they are autistic or not, a loving parent or not—the outcome is that the “successful” autistic child ceases the behaviour that defines them as autistic.
They never stop being autistic.
– Culture & Community –
- Meme: I am valid. I am whole. I am me. | The Autistic Avenger
- Fierce Autie: A Jewish Autistic’s Experience Visiting a Concentration Camp
- Fierce Autie: Hard of Hearing Autistic’s Views of the Autistic Community and Autism Community
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience