ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis) as a discipline, requires autistic children to appear as if they are typical children. It doesn’t matter how kind and well meaning the teacher, whether they are autistic or not, a loving parent or not—the outcome is that the “successful” autistic child ceases the behaviour that defines them as autistic.
They never stop being autistic.
– Culture & Community –
- Martyr Parents: For The Sake Of Your Child, Please Evolve | Eve Reiland
- The High Stakes Of Unemployment And Inclusive Hiring
- Love On The Spectrum Is Getting A Second Season
- Cambodian American mental health data show need for culturally sensitive programs, community leaders say
- Bosnian documentary festival goes online with reduced feature lineup