Abilene police say a mother left her blind and autistic child home alone — in feces covered room — while she was at a bar. Cassandra Lima, 31, was arrested Tuesday and charged with abandoning/endangering a child. Police were responding to a prowler call at 12:25 a. m. in the 2000 block of N 18th Street when they heard a loud scream coming from a house down the street. The officer looked through the window and saw a small child laying on the floor naked.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- #QuackWatch | FTC files complaint against California company for false COVID-19 treatment plan | WWLP
- Autistic History: Tony Attwood | Fierce Autie
- Schools Aren’t Going to Reopen This Fall – The Atlantic
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – Autism | Circa October 23, 2008
- Why “The Girl from Ipanema”‘ Is a Richer & Weirder Song Than You Ever Realized | Open Culture