In 2005 Autism Speaks was founded to find a “cure” for Autism. The organization launched a massive wave of Fear Porn-styled advertising to raise an incredible amount of money in a very short amount of time.
fact | Autism is a brain neurotype – not a disease. It can’t be cured.
fact | The only “cure” for Autism is a genetic-marker test during pregnancy. This would result in the same “cure” society has for Down Syndrome: Abortion.
fact | The only other “cure” for Autism would be complete human extinction.
fact | The largest portion of Autism Speaks donations were funneled into research. Only 4% went to supporting existing Autistic children and families. Autism Speaks, until October 2016, main goal was ‘the cure.’
This video is an attempt to more clearly portray and explain through authentic Autistic Voices the true history of our people in the shadow of the Autism Speaks machine.
(Autistic Advocates | IDK a few (ISO ), streamofawareness, Amy Sequenza @ Autism Women’s Network (AWN), Moromillas Radec, Roxas @ Keyblade Knights, rachelkeslensky, Zoe Kirk, Alex McTyre, Keyblade Knights, ASDhero, Elesia Ashkenazy, Elliot McQueen, Amythest Schaber, The Supreme SkepticKeyblade)
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Sadly, anti-vax quacks win one in New Jersey
- From vagina eggs to anti-vaxxers: is it time for an influencer detox? | Life and style | The Guardian
- Vaccines: TikTok video of Cincinnati doctor Nicole Baldwin goes viral.
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience