NOTE: This is an AWFUL idea that puts a huge target on Autistic kids and people’s backs for predators and bullies.
Please consult with the disability community before you tag and out your kid. There’s reasons, very good ones, that we don’t mark our kids. Think about safety FIRST.
And NO the Autistic Community doesn’t embrace this – NT parents of Autistics embrace this and its a terrible idea. This is what happens when you silo out Autism from the disability community with these parents- they don’t even know the basics of safety and disability.
DON’T TAG your kids.
Carrying a blue bucket on Halloween has become a way to ask others to be sensitive to those who might find trick-or-treating a challenge.
– Parenting –
- 9-Year-Old Kid Who Kept Getting In Trouble For Doodling In Class Gets A Job Decorating A Restaurant With His Drawings | Bored Panda
- Education for Parents & Caregivers available 24/7 with NAMI Basics OnDemand
- The Poorly Car Run – A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his Partner and becoming a single parent.
- Emma Dalmayne – Wikipedia
- Autistic woman’s warning over the potential dangers of blue pumpkins – Devon Live