NOTE: This is an AWFUL idea that puts a huge target on Autistic kids and people’s backs for predators and bullies.
Please consult with the disability community before you tag and out your kid. There’s reasons, very good ones, that we don’t mark our kids. Think about safety FIRST.
And NO the Autistic Community doesn’t embrace this – NT parents of Autistics embrace this and its a terrible idea. This is what happens when you silo out Autism from the disability community with these parents- they don’t even know the basics of safety and disability.
DON’T TAG your kids.
Carrying a blue bucket on Halloween has become a way to ask others to be sensitive to those who might find trick-or-treating a challenge.
– Parenting –
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%
- You Might Be Wondering If It’s OK To Stim In Public … | Not An Autism Mom
- Autism Inclusivity Group On Facebook Now At 12,594 Members 💕 | Emma Dalmayne
- "We Are The People The Anti-Vaxxers Warned You About "| Autistics Buy Your Anti-Vaxxer T-Shirt Here! (As Seen On Dr. Oz!)
- The many names used for seclusion cells at schools – Alliance Against Seclusion and Restraint