While some U.S. parents are giving their kids blue buckets this Halloween to signify autism, a leading Canadian advocacy group says it opposes the trend for “singling out children.”
A viral Facebook post has sparked huge online debate about what blue pumpkin buckets used while trick-or-treating actually mean.
American mom Omairis Taylor has a three-year-old son with autism who is non-verbal.
– Parenting –
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience
- Dumping Kids with IEPs into General Education Classrooms is not Inclusion | Medium.com
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%
- You Might Be Wondering If It’s OK To Stim In Public … | Not An Autism Mom