Autism Society of America was established in 1986 by Bernard Rimland, Ivar Lovaas, Ruth Sullivan and a small group of parents of autistic children. Two of those names should sound familar. Bernard Rimland was the creator of the DAN protocol and Ivar Lovaas was the creator of ABA and Conversion Therapy. That should say enough about the organization.
– Culture & Community –
- I’m Not a “Picky Eater,” I’m a Sensory Eater. – In the Loop About Neurodiversity
- A New Decade of Autism Appreciation – In the Loop About Neurodiversity
- From The Archives | e-speaks Autism Speaks Newsletter | Circa May 9, 2008
- Teaching autistic students who demonstrate ‘challenging behaviours’ at school or pre-school – Altogether Autism
- Andrew Wakefield: the fraud investigation