After a good friend of mine showed me a photo of the night sky ceiling she is painting for her autistic son and other people were telling me how they turned their rooms into sensory rooms, it triggered a memory. This time it was a good one. I promise.
Before I even suspected I might be autistic, I moved to Upstate New York and started working for Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) in Plattsburgh, NY. . I was direct support staff for 13 disabled adults. Most of the residents shared a room with one other person, some had their own room. But one room in that house was the sensory room.
– Culture & Community –
- Finishing NaNoWriMo And Buying Comics Reading Vlog – YouTube
- Self-Help for Adult Autistics in upcoming Book – YouTube
- Autistic Creations | fierceautie | Redbubble
- Getty Images and Verizon Media award $40,000 in prizes to five photographers, as part of first-ever Disability-Focused Creative Bursary
- Take Action: Stop Autism Speaks from Dictating Canadian Autism Policy!