After a good friend of mine showed me a photo of the night sky ceiling she is painting for her autistic son and other people were telling me how they turned their rooms into sensory rooms, it triggered a memory. This time it was a good one. I promise.
Before I even suspected I might be autistic, I moved to Upstate New York and started working for Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) in Plattsburgh, NY. . I was direct support staff for 13 disabled adults. Most of the residents shared a room with one other person, some had their own room. But one room in that house was the sensory room.
– Culture & Community –
- Communal Cherub Acapellas: An account of being autistic and LGBTQ+
- Disney wins lawsuit over mother’s fight for autistic son to ride attractions without wait – Orlando Sentinel
- Autism Is an Identity, Not a Disease: Inside the Neurodiversity Movement
- Autistic doctors – we’re not exactly as portrayed on TV
- Giving Monica A Voice | Fundraiser by Shurrell Berdan