Wednesday November 13, 2019
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Join us for our annual celebration and fundraising event at the Marriott Metro Center in Washington, DC. Dinner and dessert will be served and a reception will precede dinner.
Proceeds will support our advocacy work and programs for the coming year, and allow us to continue working to empower disabled people across the country.
We’re happy to announce that Dora Raymaker is receiving our award for Service to the Self Advocacy Movement!
Dora Raymaker, Ph.D., is Co-director of the Academic Autism Spectrum Partnership in Research and Education (AASPIRE). AASPIRE’s projects include studies on healthcare, employment, and autistic burnout, all vitally important to the autistic community.
Dora’s research emphasizes community-engaged practice and authentic inclusion of autistic people in research. They are also associate editor of the scholarly journal Autism in Adulthood and Research Assistant Professor at Portland State University’s Regional Research Institute. In addition, Dora writes fiction with neurodivergent heroes, including science fiction mystery novel Hoshi and the Red City Circuit. We look forward to hearing from Dora at our annual gala and hope that you can come celebrate with us!
Keynote: Alice Wong
More honorees and speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
For more information about gala sponsorship opportunities, contact Jean Winegardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- YouTuber Gave Up Adopted Chinese Son With Autism After Monetizing Him Online | HuffPost Life
- Archived | Autism Spectrum Disorders Newsletter from BellaOnline.com | Circa August 11, 2008
- ‘I Am Autism’ Advocacy Video Sparks Controversy – TIME | Circa November 6, 2009
- COVID-19 Cases At Group Homes, Institutions Going Untracked – Disability Scoop
- 101 Civil Rights Groups Call for Robust Funding for U.S. Postal Service – The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights