“If you’re trying to get rid of autism, you’re trying to get rid of us.”
— Julia Bascom, executive director of the Autistic Self Advocacy Network, a Washington, D.C.-based group that is run by autistic people, including herself.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Autism Is an Identity, Not a Disease: Inside the Neurodiversity Movement
- Is surgically altering an autistic boy’s voice cruel or kind? | Salon.com | Circa September 28, 2013
- Special Olympics athlete Johanna Schoeneck is on the front lines of the coronavirus
- What is Police Violence?: A plain language booklet about anti-Black racism, police violence, and what you can do to stop it | Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- YouTuber Gave Up Adopted Chinese Son With Autism After Monetizing Him Online | HuffPost Life