We are neurodiverse, you are neurotypical … #actuallyautistic
My children matter. All of my children. All of my Autistic children and non-autistic children.
So why does Autism Speaks board member bash children like mine … well the ones who are self-advocates … and use words like “zealots” for Autistics fighting for civil and human rights?
We’re not the ones who have something to lose here.
We’ve already lost.
Autism Speaks you need to stop sending your people to bash on my kids. All Autistics are worthy — not just the ones your board members deem worthy of their help.
If you’re going to be the biggest say for Autistic Healthcare — get these haters and people using slurs, hate speech and more towards my children the hell off your board.
Don’t you dare speak inclusion while excluding and sending your henchmen to say horrible things to my children who I raised to be SELF-ADVOCATES. I parented my children to have pride in self — maybe that’s because I was raised to have pride in self … no matter where I was born from.
Perhaps a leftover from being raised in the shadow of my great-grandmother who was so ashamed of her heritage she denied it to her death and refused to sign her name on the rolls.
Maybe because I come from people who survived experiences like the Dust Bowl and other hardships and dealt with stigma and hate when they had to relocate — to always have pride in self.
Maybe because I am born different and learned how to have pride in myself … maybe that’s the reason my children have the courage to be self-advocates …. even in the faces of slurs and hate.
You have no idea the amount of courage it takes for them to speak up, #BillyMann.
Stop excluding us. Stop calling us names. Stop using slurs to dehumanize us. Stop using a popularity contest to say you’re right — Autistic people will never meet the #s of your “autism parents.”
We don’t have the population numbers to do that. So nice work on oppression there, twunt.
Maybe if Billy Mann got off his privileged ass and saw how self-advocates ‘lived’ he would evolve his tune and sing another.
He is Autism Speaks.
Eve Reiland (US)
- It took a decade, but finally some pain relief with Functional Neurological Disorder | Life 2.0 | Eve Reiland
- Help Autistics Protest The Anti-vaxxer #Bleachcult Conference in Chicago This May | #ProtestAutismOne2020
- While @WilliamShatner Rages Against Autistic People on Twitter … @AutismSpeaks Pushes Lipservice & BS With #KindnessCounts
– Culture & Community –
- 1,150 Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns | Open Culture
- Today, Support Artists Impacted By the Covid-19 Pandemic | Bandcamp Daily
- Stop The Deportation Of Vulnerable Autistic Man Osime Brown! | Petition
- Issues with Quarantine – Cambria’s Big Fat Autistic Blog
- Deaths of disabled children are no less tragic