It doesn’t take long for a hurtful word or comment to make its way across the globe. The media eagerly reports on officials’ latest xenophobic remarks within minutes. Protesters will gather and complain for a corporation to sever ties with a controversial program or person. But this outrage somehow doesn’t happen with organizations that are directly tied to “helping” certain groups of marginalized people—and when said people speak out, their opinions are brushed away in favor of “better” ones that best fit the organization’s agenda.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Archived | My First Autism Campaign, circa March 4, 2008 | Eve Reiland
- Is Autism Speaks Capable of Change? – In the Loop About Neurodiversity
- Exploiting Autistic Children Online is Not “Cute” or “Family Friendly.” – In the Loop About Neurodiversity
- Quack Myth Exposed: Autism is Autoimmune Encephilitis | Fierce Autie
- Myka Stauffer: Backlash after YouTubers give up adopted son – BBC News