The latest Autism-related controversy stems from a video, “I Am Autism,” created for Autism Speaks, the nation’s largest autism advocacy group, reports TIME. Directed by Academy Award-winning director Alfonso Cuarón and songwriter Billy Mann, each of whom have a young child with autism, the video has drawn the ire of autistic self-advocates who feel that it portrays the autistic as “burdens and objects of fear and pity.”
– BS & The Quackery –
- Man Has Raised Only $175 to Stop Ex-Wife from Making Autistic Sons Drink Bleach | David Gee
- #BleachCult Redux | Vegans join anti-vaxx campaign, say children should not be given vaccines as they are made from animal products | W/Note From Eve Reiland
- Parents Are Poisoning Their Kids With Bleach To ‘Cure’ Autism
- Exclusive: Local mom searches for answers after her autistic son dies at school | WPEC
- ‘Ex-Vaxxers’ Speak Out Against New Regulations – The Santa Barbara Independent | Nope, #AntiVaxxers You Be.