Betting the “Autism Cure” on your Autistic kid’s life?
Many “Autism Parents” (martyrs) scream at Autistic Activists, “What happens to my child after I die?”
Well, since you all gambled on the “cure” and money from our communities was drained to fund the research for the cure — and it didn’t build any community support systems, independent living systems, education systems, employment systems, support and so on … Autistic adults already know the answer … so here’s what’s waiting for your Autistic kiddo after you pass and there’s still no “cure” …
- Suicide: #1 cause of Autistic early death
- Incarceration As Care
- Extreme poverty
- Abuse: caregiver, financial, emotional, physical, spiritual and sexual
… the list goes on.
So before you shout down Autistics who are angry, remember our reality now is the reality YOUR child is going to experience when you’re gone.
So what are you doing about THAT?
Oh and if you still believe there can be a “cure” discovered — and magic and movie magic happen and it DOES happen – it still won’t be for YOUR child.
The one already born.
The future suffering … wow. Do you really want this for your kid? Or do you want to roll up your sleeves and do some REAL work to help ?
Eve Reiland (US)
- Open Letter To ABC30 | Report On Real Autistic Community Issues & Stop Promoting Quackery As Treatment | Eve Reiland
- Autism Speaks Promotes Autistic Abuse & Calls It "Inclusion" | Eve Reiland
- #KindnesCounts? This April, Make Your Donation Actually Count For Autistic People | Eve Reiland