Talk About Curing Autism
I just returned from the Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) fund raising event hosted by Jenny McCarthy and Lance Armstrong. What a fabulous event. It was wonderful to see so many people bidding on auction items, gambling in the poker tournament, sharing stories with one another about their experiences with autism and seeing the hope they have for the future of children challenged with this condition.
The highlight of the evening was hearing Jenny McCarthy say that regardless of the disagreements about the safety of vaccines and the opinions about treatments for autism that she has been up against in the media lately, the things that Defeat Autism Now (DAN!) practitioners are using to treat these kids (she used more explicit language) works – bottom line!
In our brief conversation I mentioned that LTP Natural Medical Center has signed up to donate DAN! treatments for under-served children selected by her non-profit organization. Graciously thanking me she commented that she sometimes feels like she’s in a Star Wars movie – fighting off the darkness and ushering in the light. As a doctor treating autism in my practice, I support what she is doing 100%. She is a doer, raising awareness and genuinely offering hope to families and children affected by autism.
Thank you TACA, Jenny McCarthy and Lance Armstrong for giving a voice to the children, families and doctors working hard to bring light to this condition.
– BS & The Quackery –
- Vaccines, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and The Future of Medical Education (w/Dr. Peter Hotez) | Video
- Ectopic Pregnancy Re-implantation | A Doctor Reacts To Ohio's Abortion Law
- Measles Kills Children In Samoa | A Doctor Reacts To Anti-Vax Lies | #VaccinateYourSpawn
- Parents are poisoning their children with Bleach | Ban Toxic Cures
- Take Action: Stop Autism Speaks from Dictating Canadian Autism Policy!