Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) is a no for profit that was founded in 2000 by Lisa Ackerman. It started with 10 families in the Ackerman living room. It is based in Irvine, California. In 2019, they changed their name to The Autism Community In Action. They are not fooling anyone.
TACA often butts heads with the scientific community about treatments and causes. They have had spokespeople for themselves that support Andrew Wakefield (blog post on him to come). Wakefeild falsified findings in a research study that he made say vaccines are linked to autism when they clearly are not.
– Culture & Community –
- Fierce Autistic Advocate: Autism Speaks 100 Day Kit Dissected
- Behind the Anti-Neurodiversity Articles: An Unholy Alliance of Usual Suspects | The Aspergian | A Neurodivergent Collective
- Do You Hate Me? | The Aspergian | A Neurodivergent Collective
- Message to @BillyMann | What Can You Do To Make It Right? | Eve Reiland
- Fierce Autistic Advocate: Rebuttal: Why the Neurodiversity Movement is Harmful