Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) is a no for profit that was founded in 2000 by Lisa Ackerman. It started with 10 families in the Ackerman living room. It is based in Irvine, California. In 2019, they changed their name to The Autism Community In Action. They are not fooling anyone.
TACA often butts heads with the scientific community about treatments and causes. They have had spokespeople for themselves that support Andrew Wakefield (blog post on him to come). Wakefeild falsified findings in a research study that he made say vaccines are linked to autism when they clearly are not.
– Culture & Community –
- Corrected Headline: NASCAR’s Armani Williams never let ABLEISM stop his need for speed
- Trans adults more likely to be autistic, researchers find | News | The Times
- Products: Disability Portrayal Issues/Media | Research & Training Center on Independent Living
- Advocates For Deaf And Blind Laud Netflix’s New Playback Features : NPR
- Facemasks create challenges for deaf, hard of hearing | The State