Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) is a no for profit that was founded in 2000 by Lisa Ackerman. It started with 10 families in the Ackerman living room. It is based in Irvine, California. In 2019, they changed their name to The Autism Community In Action. They are not fooling anyone.
TACA often butts heads with the scientific community about treatments and causes. They have had spokespeople for themselves that support Andrew Wakefield (blog post on him to come). Wakefeild falsified findings in a research study that he made say vaccines are linked to autism when they clearly are not.
– Culture & Community –
- 3 things people don’t know about autistic girls and women | SBS Voices
- Dad goes viral for tweeting about trans son’s party to celebrate transition / LGBTQ Nation
- Gorgeous Photos of Texas Punk’s Glory Days – Texas Monthly
- Fierce Autie: Getting fitted for and wearing a hearing aid: An autistic perspective
- William Shatner Bullies Autistic People Again | As Seen On Facebook