The organization we love to hate, Autism Speaks, teamed up with google to create the largest genome data base for autism on June 10, 2014. This was originally called AUT10k. It stands for Autism 10,000 genomes.
Autism Speaks lacks autistic representation. They lack autistic membership on the board. There are only two autistic board members. They do not represent the desires and needs of the autistic community. Autism Speaks research budget ignores inquires focused on improving the lives of autistic people. At the time, there was only 1% of their budget going to family services. They only had .25% paying for adult services. The rest of the budget focuses on wiping us from existence.
– Culture & Community –
- From The Archives | e-speaks Autism Speaks Newsletter | Circa May 9, 2008
- Teaching autistic students who demonstrate ‘challenging behaviours’ at school or pre-school – Altogether Autism
- Andrew Wakefield: the fraud investigation
- The First Guerilla Aspies Podcast, February 2020 | Paul Wady.
- Open Letter To ABC30 | Report On Real Autistic Community Issues & Stop Promoting Quackery As Treatment | Eve Reiland