The organization we love to hate, Autism Speaks, teamed up with google to create the largest genome data base for autism on June 10, 2014. This was originally called AUT10k. It stands for Autism 10,000 genomes.
Autism Speaks lacks autistic representation. They lack autistic membership on the board. There are only two autistic board members. They do not represent the desires and needs of the autistic community. Autism Speaks research budget ignores inquires focused on improving the lives of autistic people. At the time, there was only 1% of their budget going to family services. They only had .25% paying for adult services. The rest of the budget focuses on wiping us from existence.
– Culture & Community –
- Martyr Parents: For The Sake Of Your Child, Please Evolve | Eve Reiland
- The High Stakes Of Unemployment And Inclusive Hiring
- Love On The Spectrum Is Getting A Second Season
- Cambodian American mental health data show need for culturally sensitive programs, community leaders say
- Bosnian documentary festival goes online with reduced feature lineup