When it comes to acknowledgement and understanding of autism, we have come a long way in the past few decades. It’s easy to forget that this condition was once understood to exist only in two states, “high-functioning” and “low-functioning”, that it was predominantly diagnosed only in young, white men, and that was forgotten about once children reached 16 and entered adulthood.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 12, 2008
- Archived | Autism Spectrum Disorders Newsletter from BellaOnline.com | Circa August 11, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 10, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alert – autism | Circa August 9, 2008
- Archived | FEAT-FMC Newsletter Message | Circa August 9, 2008