When it comes to acknowledgement and understanding of autism, we have come a long way in the past few decades. It’s easy to forget that this condition was once understood to exist only in two states, “high-functioning” and “low-functioning”, that it was predominantly diagnosed only in young, white men, and that was forgotten about once children reached 16 and entered adulthood.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Autism Act Clears Senate – Disability Scoop
- Ponchatoula teen with autism reported missing
- SPARK for Autism will not say what they will do with our DNA | We Can Only Guess | Fierce Autie – Home
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network breaks with Sesame Street over Autism Speaks ties – The Washington Post
- #Antivaxxers and #Bleachcult | Your ‘idea’ of a civil rights movement is shit.