You can learn a lot on the internet, and on Wednesday, a Twitter spat between a doctor and William Shatner—of Star Trek fame, with 2.5 million followers—taught us just how easily cranks and charlatans can manipulate the information out there. This isn’t a surprise, really—misinformation is everywhere, particularly online—but the exchange was such a perfect embodiment of the larger issues of the unavoidable desire to self-validate and the spread of quackery that it’s worth breaking down. …
– BS & The Quackery –
- SPARK for Autism will not say what they will do with our DNA | We Can Only Guess | Fierce Autie – Home
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network breaks with Sesame Street over Autism Speaks ties – The Washington Post
- #Antivaxxers and #Bleachcult | Your ‘idea’ of a civil rights movement is shit.
- I am autism video removed from Autism Speaks’ website…or is it? ( Circa Sept 2009) | Left Brain Right Brain
- Disability Community Condemns Autism Speaks (Circa 2009) | Autistic Self Advocacy Network