This is a re-blog of a blog post originally made on 7 October, 2014. An edited version of this essay appears in the excellent anthology: The Real Experts: Readings for Parents of Autistic Children, edited by the incomparable Michelle Sutton and available for purchase from Autonomous Press or a library or bookseller near you (and if it is not available at a library or bookseller near you, please do ask them to provide copies. Thank you.) This essay also appeared as a guest post on the Diary of a Mom blog and on the Tiny Grace Notes blog.
Content note: compliance-based training, labeled as therapy. Lasting trauma and PTSD from ill-advised treatments. Sexual abuse and rape. The lasting effects of ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis). The risk of being told “not my ABA.” …
Source: ABA – Unstrange Mind
– Culture & Community –
- Great Metal Albums of 1986: Celtic Frost- Tragic Serenades | 80smetalman’s Blog
- A Physicist Examines the Scientific Accuracy of Physics Shown in Major Movies: Batman, Gravity, Contact, Interstellar, Star Trek & More | Open Culture
- Before – A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his Partner and becoming a single parent.
- George Clooney Talks About United To Defeat Untruthful Misinformation And Support Science | Facebook Video
- Nyle DiMarco Says the Point of ‘Deaf U’ Docuseries Is to ‘Show Deaf People Are Human’ | Entertainment Tonight