On Monday, the Autistic Self Advocacy Network announced its decision to cut ties with the educational show, adding that it “condemns” “Sesame Street’s” decision to further stigmatize autistic children and adults. That’s because the PSAs direct parents to resources from Autism Speaks, a controversial nonprofit that autistic people have criticized for years over its messaging.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Open Letter To ABC30 | Report On Real Autistic Community Issues & Stop Promoting Quackery As Treatment | Eve Reiland
- ASAN Responds To President’s FY2021 Budget Request
- Loop: The New Pixar Short Featuring a Teen Girl With Autism That’s Getting All The Love
- Life skills classes for Autistics need to include how to be arrested & ask for a lawyer | Eve Reiland
- ASAN Opposes the RESPONSE Act