On Monday, the Autistic Self Advocacy Network announced its decision to cut ties with the educational show, adding that it “condemns” “Sesame Street’s” decision to further stigmatize autistic children and adults. That’s because the PSAs direct parents to resources from Autism Speaks, a controversial nonprofit that autistic people have criticized for years over its messaging.
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- Disability rights groups join challenge to ‘public charge’ rule | TheHill
- As Seen On Facebook | Wow, the autistic hate here from William Shatner. | Eve Reiland
- Disability Advocates Decry ‘Public Charge’ Rule Limiting Aid For Immigrants – Disability Scoop
- Sesame Street Must End Their Partnership With Autism Speaks | The Mary Sue
- Sesame Street autism controversy: Julia is a great character, but the show must end its partnership with Autism Speaks.